Want to make a difference? Join with us and get moving for mental health today.
to improve your own mental health, or simply to raise awareness of mental health around New Zealand.
Your donations help us support kiwis through: policy and advocacy, Māori development, suicide prevention and bereavement, positive mental health promotion, resource and information services, and the MHF website.
Move for mental health your way. Walk, run, skip or dance your way to the finish line.
Choose from four event options - 5km, 10km, half or full marathon.
Around 1 in 5 of us will experience a mental health challenge this year
Nearly 50% of us will experience a mental illness in our lifetime
Our youth suicide rate is high compared to other OECD countries
Raised so far
Raised so far
- Anonymous just donated $50
- Olivia just donated $20
- Jill and Steve McGregor just donated $26.25
- Colina just donated $52.50
- Olivia Hyde just donated $15
- Rach & Shorty just donated $20
- Emma just donated $105
- Michael Alexander just donated $20
- Andrea de Vries just donated $21
- Bridge just donated $15.75
- Elizabeth just donated $10.50
- Katie W just donated $21
- RS FMH just donated $26.25
- Hils and Tony just donated $26.25
- Terresa McCreath just donated $26.25
- Craig Johnston just donated $42
- Kat Lucas just donated $21
- Ingy just donated $21
- Phil Marsh just donated $25
- Tracey and Kevin Wood just donated $26.25
1. Sign up and create your fundraising page.
2. Share your fundraising page.
3. Pay your Dunedin Marathon entry Fee.
Raise $200 and score a tee!
Get your free "I'm sweating for mental health"
t-shirt when you reach $200 - easy!
Gather your whānau, friends and work mates
and fundraise together - team work makes a dream work!
Have you got questions about fundraising for this event? Check out these frequently asked questions:
How do I set up a team?
You can start a team (or join a friend's team) during your fundraising page set up, or you can add it later.
If your friend or colleague has already set up a team, ask them to send you a link to join their team.
To set up your own team after you have already set up your fundraising page, follow these steps:
- Log on. Click on the login icon at the top right of your screen.
- Click Dashboard.
- Click Create a Team.
- Enter your team name and fundraising target.
- Edit the default blog text.
- Click Create Team.
You can edit your team page in much the same way as you edit your own fundraising page. Set your own background image and add blog posts and photos as you progress.
How do I edit my fundraising page?
Once you've set up your online fundraising page it's easy to make it your own by adding your own personal touch. You can add pictures, change the text, add a profile picture, and even change the donation prompts for your supporters. Here are the basic steps to personalise your online fundraising page on a desktop computer.
- Log on. Click on the login icon at the top right of your screen. This will take you to a page to enter your login details. If you've forgotten your password, simply follow the prompts to reset it.
- To add a profile picture of yourself click on the camera icon by the circle image in the header banner.
- To change the existing text on your page click on "Event Page Settings" and scroll to the bottom of the page to the "Update Your Blog" section. Click on the black Edit button. Make your text edits and press save.
- To add additional content and photos of your fundraising journey, add a "Blog Post". You can add these as little or as often as you like to keep your supporters informed of your latest updates.
- To change the donation prompt amounts on your page, click "Custom Donation Amounts". Click the switch beside the "Set your own donation amounts" prompt to turn it "on". Enter the donation amounts you'd like to display on your page and save.
- To see how your page is looking now that you've edited it, click on the "View" link in the header banner.
How do I get fundraising supplies?
Head on over to our Fundraising Store where you'll find a range of free downloadable resources to help promote your fundraising event. We also have a small stock of physical resources available on request.
How do I earn badges on my fundraising page?
You'll earn fun badges on your personal fundraising page as you get closer to achieving your goals. There are six badges in total:
- Added profile pic: Upload a profile picture of yourself that will display in the header on your fundraising page. You can do this during the registration process or add it through the page editing function.
- Shared page: Use the social sharing buttons on your fundraising page to share your page link through social media channels, by email or text. We've added some basic text around it but you can edit that to suit your style.
- First five donations: Once you've received your first five sponsored donations.
- Added blog post: Use the Add Blog button on your fundraising dashboard to share updates and photos with your supporters.
- Raised $200 free t-shirt: Raise $200 to win a legendary purple Mental Health Foundation T-shirt.
- Reached goal: Congratulations, you've hit your fundraising target!!!