He rau ringa e oti ai – By many hands the task is completed.
Our mission is to inspire change by connecting people with nature. Established in 2006 in New Zealand and drawing on over 30 years’ experience in Australia, our expertise in managing volunteer involvement in conservation projects is widely recognised. With offices in Auckland, Wellington, Dunedin and Punakaiki we work in partnership with community and with all levels of government, non-governmental organisations and many of New Zealand’s top businesses to tackle a diverse range of conservation projects. We bring people together to connect with each other and to care for the natural places we all cherish.
The money raised through Wellington Round the Bays 2021 will go towards protecting our Tuna kawharuwharu/longfin eel, kākā and Kororā/little blue penguin.
Raised so far
- Nick and Jackie just donated $104
- Caren Martin just donated $20.80
- Steve Nayler just donated $52
- Anonymous just donated $50
- Peg Murphy just donated $61.36
- ? just donated $100
- Karin Westergren just donated $52
- Kate O'Reilly just donated $52
- Jackie Knox just donated $21.84
- Charlie Holles just donated $52
- Maria Whitehead just donated $21
- Ann Nayler just donated $156
- The Tiffens just donated $20.80
- Anonymous just donated $52
- Janet just donated $31.20
- Lucy just donated $26
- McConnells just donated $25
- Kit just donated $26
- Mark Himbury just donated $52
- The Harrison’s just donated $52
About our mahi
Wild Aotearoa focuses on practical, on-the-ground actions to make a real difference to vulnerable species in New Zealand, whether they be mammals, birds, invertebrates, reptiles or fish. These actions concentrate primarily on habitat protection and restoration through planting, predator control, monitoring and controlling invasive weeds for these species to thrive. Because New Zealand has the highest proportion of threatened species in the world, our goal is to provide practical, on-the-ground actions to make a real difference to vulnerable species in New Zealand.
Watch more about our mahi below.
How it works
- Set up an online fundraising page and set your fundraising goal.
- Share your page link far and wide to tell the world you're running for conservation and why.
- Don't forget to buy your entry ticket to the event.
- Update your page regularly to keep your friend's and whānau updated with your progress. Their donations are receipted automatically. No hassle, no worries!