Everyone knows someone affected by cancer.
The Cancer Society understands how a cancer diagnosis can affect every aspect of your life. We're here to help you and your whānau through.
Through our advocacy and promotion of healthy lifestyle choices, we work towards a cancer-free future for all New Zealanders. Being active is one of those healthy lifestyle choices, and that's why we get behind Round The Bays with our own team and provide all participants with shaded areas and free sunscreen.
Raised so far
- Anonymous just donated $104
- Anonymous just donated $52
- Anne just donated $52
- Sue McMillan just donated $26
- Claire Nesus just donated $25
- Michelle Atkins-Gilbert just donated $104
- Linda Manaia just donated $52
- Natalie Quigan just donated $10.40
- Anonymous just donated $26
- Tracey Bridewell just donated $52
How it works
- Set up an online fundraising page and set your fundraising goal.
- Share your page link far and wide to tell the world you're running.
- Don't forget to buy your entry ticket to the event.
- Update your page regularly to keep your friend's and whānau updated with your progress. Their donations are receipted automatically. No hassle, no worries!
We would love you to join the Cancer Society Team help us fundraise
The Cancer Society relies on the support of the community to continue providing the essential support people affected by cancer need at every stage.
The money you raise will go towards practical support, such as transport to and from treatment, free car parking, massage, and accommodation Margaret Stewart House for people receiving treatment at Wellington Hospital.
You'll also provide emotional support services that make so much difference to people affected by cancer with our Free 0800 information line, and confidential phone and face-to-face counselling.
Cancer Society Wellington is an independent charity and 100% community funded
Our unique combination of local programme delivery, community engagement and national influence enables everyone who cares about cancer to make the biggest possible difference.
Together with our volunteers, supporters, stakeholders and staff, we are committed to reducing the impact of cancer on individuals and the community. We work across every area of every cancer: - conducting and funding world-class research that underpins our work in preventing cancer - supporting people as they navigate the cancer journey - advocating to ensure that governments take action on cancer.
We are there not only for those touched by cancer today, but to prevent and manage cancer into the future.
Have you got questions about this event or fundraising for mental health? Check out these frequently asked questions or get in touch with the contact form below. We'd love to hear from you.
How do I enter the Wellington Round the Bays 2021?
Registrations are not open until the 5th of November 2020. Once their live, head on over to the Wellington Round the Bays 2021 website. You'll be asked to register for the event, select your distance, and pay your entry fee. Please note that setting up your fundraising page on our website does not enter you in the event.
How do I set up a team?
You can start a team (or join a friend's team) during your fundraising page set up, or you can add it later. If your friend or colleague has already set up a team, ask them to send you a link to join their team.
To set up your own team after you have already set up your fundraising page, follow these steps:
- Log on. Click on the login icon at the top right of your screen.
- Click Dashboard.
- Click Create a Team.
- Enter your team name and fundraising target.
- Edit the default blog text.
- Click Create Team.
You can edit your Team page in much the same way as you edit your own fundraising page. Set your own background image and add blog posts and photos as you progress.
How do I edit my fundraising page?
Once you've set up your online fundraising page it's easy to make it your own by adding your own personal touch. You can add pictures, change the text, add a profile picture, and even change the donation prompts for your supporters. Here are the basic steps to personalise your online fundraising page on a desktop computer.
- Log on. Click on the login icon at the top right of your screen. This will take you to a page to enter your login details. If you've forgotten your password, simply follow the prompts to reset it.
- To add a profile picture of yourself click on the camera icon by the circle image in the header banner.
- To change the existing text on your page click on "Event Page Settings" and scroll to the bottom of the page to the "Update Your Blog" section. Click on the black Edit button. Make your text edits and save.
- To add additional content and photos of your fundraising journey, add a "Blog Post". You can add these as little or as often as you like to keep your supporters informed of your latest updates.
- To change the donation prompt amounts on your page, click "Custom Donation Amounts". Click the switch beside the "Set your own donation amounts" prompt to turn it "on". Enter the donation amounts you'd like to display on your page and save.
- To see how your page is looking now that you've edited it, click on the "View" link in the header banner.